Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Can I just say yum, yum, yum! For our Valentine's Day dessert we planned to have fondue. One of my favorite fondue dippers is pound cake. Yes, it is a LOT easier just to buy a loaf of pound cake at the store. But if you've been following my blog you probably understand why I would have an issue with that. Who knows what is in store bought pound cake? I would rather make it myself. I am SO glad that I did. This recipe makes a delicious pound cake. Beside eating it with fondue, we have enjoyed it with ice cream and with homemade caramel sauce. It has been delicious every way.


The recipe was found on Pinterest and is featured on the blog This IS How I Cook.

Ingredients
3 sticks butter, room temp
1 8oz package of cream cheese, at room temp
3 cups sugar
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 large eggs, at room temp
3 cups flour, at room temp ;)

Grease and flour (or just grease if you're lazy like me) 2 8x4 loaf pans or one 10" tube pan. I used a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream butter, cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually beat in flour on low speed. Spoon mixture into pan(s). Make sure not to overfill your pan(s).

Bake about 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.




No comments:

Post a Comment